Saturday, June 14, 2008

We have now left Springfield and are in the middle of our move to Alaska. It's been lots of fun, so I thought I'd post a few pictures. Here is our family in the badlands of South Dakota. Awesome place!


We also visited Mt. Rushmore, which was really cool. We watched National Treasure: Book of Secrets right before our trip, which features Mt. Rushmore. My mom took the picture. She helped us on the move.
Of course, if you have kids you have to go to the pool in the hotel every night. Here are the kids and I in a hot tub.
When driving over the Rockies in Montana, we were a little shocked to encounter snow in the middle of June!

And this is a picture of me having a heart attack at the gas prices. We drove a Penske truck 2,000 miles to Seattle, and our minivan 3,000 miles up to Prince Rupert. The worst price we filled up at was in the Seattle area, and was $4.59/gallon. I know that doesn't seem like much to my Alaska friends, but was tough to handle coming from the land of cheap gas in Springfield, MO.

We are getting on an Alaska state ferry tomorrow from Prince Rupert, BC, and will be in Sitka on June 17th, our 13th wedding anniversary. We are still praying about where God wants us and our future ministry.

No comments: