Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Reaching, Teaching, and Keeping Boys for Christ

This past Friday I was privileged to speak at the Royal Rangers camp-in at MCA. My two boys attended this event as well. Commander Chuck and the team of commanders did an excellent job and put on a great event for the boys. There were several active and creative games which I know the boys loved. The fun, sweaty game time was followed by a time of listening to what God had to say around the campfire. Pastor Billy led us in worship, and then I spoke. We had an altar time in the cold wintery night, and three or four boys prayed to receive Jesus. We should never underestimate the importance of a commitment of a young boy to follow Christ.

I have had the opportunity to get to know District Commander Art Braendel, and it excites me to know that high caliber men such as Chuck, Art, and a multitude of commanders and workers around our state are committed to reaching, teaching, and keeping our boys for Christ.



No comments: